When is the best time to plant dragon fruit in the Philippines?

"When is the best time to plant dragon fruit in the Philippines?"

This is the most important question I remember asking my mentor when I started my first dragon fruit nursery way back 2015.

The answer: Last quarter of the year (between October to December). 

Why?
It is the best time to plant because based on personal experience most of the plants I planted in the last quarter of the year are healthier and not susceptible to diseases. They are stronger and not sickly compared to the plants planted in the first or second quarter of the year.






Hearing those words from my late mentor gave me conviction to wait a few more months. I learned those answers on June 4, 2015. I collected my dragon fruit cuttings September 4, 2015 my birthday. I patiently waited 3 months and followed his advice even if I'm too excited to start. I have nothing to lose if I wait a little longer. I wanted to do it right. 

The timeline:
Perfect timing my friend is doing the right thing. On September 19, 2015 I can't forget this date, 300 mother plants were planted in the nursery. And on November 29, 2015  we transplanted 300 plants to 50 cement posts.

I'm writing this blog entry to remember my late maestro. I wanna thank him for successfully guiding us in our farming venture. Secondly, I'm writing this blog entry to celebrate our 3rd year anniversary in the farm. It's been three years being dragon slayers in our home town. That's November 29, 2018. Cheers!!! 

Today is November 7, 2018 we will start our farm expansion. Our goal: 50 cement post will be added before the end of 2018. It's gonna be a long day. We need to harvest 200 pieces of matured dragon fruit cuttings so we can have transplanted by December. Why? Simply because it's the best time to plant them. 

*Raw blog

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *