Dreams Do Come True

"If we can imagine it, we can do it." Morgan Freeman 

I abide with this rule even before our dragon fruit adventures. I imagined myself on a Sunday morning, I am smiling, holding a basket with one arm, with a pruning shear on the other while harvesting bright pink and bright red dragon fruits. I hold that in mind for 1 year and a half until our first harvest.  That was June 4, 2015 our first trip to a dragon fruit orchard where I first saw a dragon fruit vine. My imagination becomes more vivid.



Then on April 2017 small flower buds started showing up. I started to smile again while holding my smartphone. The pictures are loading one after the other. I examined each picture sent to me by Rom (my husband.) We were so happy then because the long wait is over. The future is in our hands. What we have imagined for so long is now a reality. It's tangible.  It's as if we were expecting a baby. hahaha 




Whenever we see a bud break, a dragon fruit stem is pregnant. It's smaller than a marble, we call that a nipple size. Remember the terms guys, because I'm thinking of creating a dragon fruit farming dictionary soon. Hahaha Whenever a dragon fruit flower  blooms we call it Lady of the Night, since it literally blooms at night, it's so beautiful that we compare to a lady. We even call it the Queen of the Night. How gorgeous is that?




We have witnessed these beautiful things first hand. And we are sharing this to the world because it's too beautiful to keep it for ourselves. It's been 2 years now that we are making gardens throughout the country. We do this by teaching small growers and gardeners alike to learn how to start their own dragon fruit gardens in the backyard. We provide the cuttings and the technical support for the start up. 

This year a great number of videos were uploaded through our YouTube Channel with the same goal to provide visual assistance to growers and gardeners. We started taking short clips and upload it as a vlog showing different activities in the farm.



Today November 29, 2018 our Mother plants will turn 3 years old from the time they were planted beside each cement posts. Yes we are turning three! Cheers to that!!!  In line with our 3rd year anniversary we are building another 50 cement posts in response to the demand  of our growing market. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *