Why eat a Super Fruit for Breakfast?


My favorite part of the day is enjoying my breakfast and dinner (that's late in the afternoon when I get home). So, I wake up earlier than usual lately. This has been my routine for a few weeks now, since I got off season dragon fruits. This power packed super fruit is so nutritious. A reason why I'm kinda in love with it.

There are a lot of ways in enjoying this super fruit. I tried making smoothies and salad garnishing. I tried slicing it in cubes. I'm gonna try sorbet soon, but my personal favorite way would be as simple as the pictures below.

Preparation:
Chill the fruit over night. You may eat the fruit  even without doing so, but you will enjoy it even more when it's chilled. Promise!


Care for a slice?.....hmmmmmm...taste so good!



So, here you go!

1. Choose and pick your fruit. I got this one about 500 grams in weight.


2. Simply slice it with a knife. I slice it about half to an inch thick.  My phone camera loved this color.


3. I'm using my chopping board for plating. 


4. Look how beautiful the color is. My camera loves it. i like this shot.




5. I guess this is the other half of the fruit, haha. I can't get over it. 



6. Well, look at this one. I was literally munching every slice and enjoying the flavor of this moroccan red dragon fruit variety, while taking these pictures.

It's been a while, right?
It took a while since the last blog post here. I've been busy with my dragon fruit jam recipe. I will share it on my next post. Soonest. I hope you like the pictures as much as I enjoyed the fruits. haha. Maryland just started to have fruits and they are still growing in size. I'm working away from the farm and I'm getting fruit supply from a friend grower. If you are in the Philippines and would like to try this exotic fruit simply get in touch with me through our Facebook page. Click here: Maryland Dragon Fruit Gardens












Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *