How We Started Our Dragon Fruit Garden

I can still remember how we brought the heaviest  luggage on a plane. It was way back  September 11, 2015. That was 2 days after we got married. For a lite traveler like me 90 kilos (estimate) of dragon fruit cuttings was definitely heavy. Imagine this, instead of going to our honeymoon we flew from Manila to Davao city bringing BIG dreams in our backpacks.

880 miles travel from Luzon to Mindanao. We have the most well travelled cutting so far!


It was a one of a kind trip. A lot of twists and turns. 😇 I traveled with my farm manager on 2 different airlines. Yeah, we had a crazy flight schedule. We had the same flight, same time but with different airlines. We still arrived at the same time. That special trip started our journey as dragon fruit growers. A start of many firsts. Memories of that trip is giving me a bliss every time.

Look at our makeshift nursery.

How we started? Aside from flying from one island to another, we started with our mindset. Yes, everything started with our dreams. Imagination is everything. Buckle up with our passion we started planning things out. This includes meeting a grower, having field trips, doing the Math on how much it costs and saving for it with a target date. Then, execute, execute and execute. Follow your plan and meet your deadlines whatever happens. That's it!

Let me sum it up using this equation:

DREAM + IMAGINE + PLAN + EXECUTE = REALITY (Dream is real!) 😄

I kinda hate Math, but believe me this equation I'm sharing from personal experience works.

Everything starts with a vision, paint the picture in your mind! Imagine and play with it. 
Make it colorful and abundant. Set no limits. Get it from me!


Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *