Our Pink Dragon fruit Journey

Everything I saw in my mind in the making of Maryland has been fulfilled on June 2017, during our first fruit harvest. I still remember while on our way home from a field trip: I saw little buds, shoots, humongous and beautiful flowers, vines, our hut, our plane ride with our cuttings and our dragon fruit nursery. It's amazing how powerful imagination is. The universe conspired with me. 





The journey has been my values teacher. I never thought that patience is indeed a subject on its own. Mastering it requires a lot of courage and intensity.

Another flower bud. 😍

Rom and medical students from Davao city did farm visit to see the subject of their research.
Alyanie and friends. 😍 Our dragon fruit journey also allowed us to gain new friends. 
Excited to meet more of them.

Trusting the whole process is worth the risk. Having the will to choose and decide in every situation demands a lot of skill. Sometimes we lose hope just because some buds fell when we expect it to bloom. When some flowers bloomed and we expect a fruit but it wither in the end. 



Indeed, our dragon fruit journey made our heart stronger as we learn the art of patience, as we master the art of trusting how nature and technology works hand in hand.


So far, Maryland taught us to remain faithful as well. I've been managing the farm from a thousand miles. I'm in Luzon upon this writing. Working for a corporate company while "dragon fruiting". My ultimate dream is to retire in Maryland.


One of our harvest last June, about 200 grams. 
And that's Budoy, our farm dog. A ligit photobomber.

I'm grateful that I have an amazing and supportive farm manager, my husband. 

Who said long distance relationship don't work? Now that's s different story. It wasn't that easy though. I suffer from separation anxiety every time I leave the airport without him on my side. Time will come. For now tons of patience will sustain me.

But hey, we started seeing a good harvest last June and that my friend gave us adrenaline rush and hope to continue with the journey. First harvest: sold out. We end up winning! Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *