FIELD TRIP: When A Dragon Fruit Grower Learns to Selfie

How was your weekend? I had an amazing one. Why? I had a field trip. I was able to visit a friend's dragon fruit garden. It was awesome because. I went on a farm trip with my ex boyfriend (now my husband) haha . That trip was like going to dream land where everything I wanted for Maryland comes to life. It was like breathing fresh air after a while.

So, we did a lot of selfie's (photo shoots) with the lady of the night, experience how it is to harvest produce and chatted a lot with the farm staffs. It's been a while since the last time we did a field trip like this together. 

Getting in touch with nature is amazing. It makes you relax and reflect. It makes you dream again.


On our way to a dragon fruit haven. We rode a bus and forgot city life for a day.


Silly Cow selfie ( Dragon fruit loves cow poo. Why? It's organic! lol). I guess Mrs. Cow is thinking about lunch.


Silly Carabao selfie ( Dragon fruit loves carabao poo. Why? It's organic!lol). Mr. Carabao enjoying a mud pack swimming pool. It's his beauty regimen for decades now. It works. It protects him from the bad insects and mosquitoes in the field. I will do this next time. :)


Somebody's enjoying! Introducing the best dragon fruit man (grower) I know. 
My ex-boyfriend!


Oh I guess someone's in love  with the Lady of the Night and took a selfie. 
Taken at 9pm.  A red dragon fruit variety.

Oh yeah.  It's kinda blurry. Looks like a picture taken from dream land.


On our way home with bags and bags and box of dragon fruit. 
The dragon fruit Hoarders! lol

(And I'm still adding more pictures and still working on updating the story of our trip.)

I've been to the garden so many times. And I still have a lot of light bulbs moment. There's a lot of things to learn if you are ready. I will always say, "game on"!

Do you think it's a great idea to go on a "field trip"? For a dragon fruit grower my answer would be a big YES. It's required! Let me enumerate the benefits: It's the best teacher for me. You learn practical tips and things look like in real life. You learn and have fun at the same time. It's holistic way of learning.You experience, see, hear and touch. It's like flipping every page of a book and socializing with real characters. I can go on and on. It's so much fun!

You may google your way and learn new stuff but there is no equivalent option for a field trip. As experienced, It's an active learning process. You have the taste of what it's like. It makes you see your DREAMS come to life. You have face to face interaction with your future mentor. You meet people. The most important benefit is that It will inspire you more to pursue your dreams. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *